We are a group of practitioners, activists, facilitators and thinkers in the domain of Deep Ecology and the Work That Reconnects in Australia and New Zealand. Through this website we aim to refresh and update access to the wealth of Deep Ecology and Ecophilosophy material already available.
We are also directing our energies to the challenges confronting us: a world where climate change is already upon us, a time of isolation, uncertainty and anxiety brought about by pandemic and conflict. For us, part of this means re-imagining the ways Deep Ecology theory and process is made accessible, including via online workshops.
In addition elders of the movement such as Arne Naess, our approach draws great inspiration from the work of Joanna Macy, and from the life and work of John Seed. We acknowledge the rich vein of nature connection which John has fostered in the Deep Ecology movement as it manifests in Australia and Oceania.
- Bio: John SeedJohn Seed is founder and director of the Rainforest Information Centre in Australia. Since 1979 he has been involved … Read more
- Bio: Eshana BraggEshana is a pioneer in the field of ecopsychology, and has been facilitating deep ecology workshops … Read more
- Bio: Patrick AndersonPatrick Anderson is a forest activist and student of Buddhism. Since the 1980’s he has participated … Read more
- Bio: Br. Tenzin (Dr. Alex Anderson)Tenzin Alex Anderson began his path toward Deep Ecology with a doctorate researching the impacts of … Read more
- Bio: Inna AlexInna Alex is a passionate deep ecology facilitator, community organizer, and sustainable living educator. Her earth-based lifestyle … Read more
- Bio: Skye Cielita FlorSkye grew up on a farm in South Africa and spent her early yearsimmersed in wildlife … Read more
- Bio: Miraz IndiraMiraz has co-facilitated group work with Skye for a number of years, in the form of healing retreats … Read more