The recording below consists of a 45 minute guided meditation and visualisation exploring the story of cosmogenesis also known as “The Universe Story”, “The Great Story” and the “Epic of Evolution”. This version is a little more meditative than some versions, so it contain less in the way of specific dates for events and more cues for embodied awareness. The basic flow is ispired by Thomas Berry, Brian Swimme, Sister Miriam Therese MacGillis, John Seed and others.
This meditation is one best enjoyed lying down on a comfortable surface like a yoga mat or folded blanket. If you wish you can place a bolster or rolled blanket under the knees, and a pillow or folded blanket under the head. The body can become quite cool during a relaxation meditation of this sort, so you may wish to dress warmly or use a blanket.
Audio: guided meditation: Our life as Gaia- 45 minutes
All the original content made available here is offered as a gift, for the Earth. In the spirit of reciprocity, please consider making a donation to help us continue this work. Your support is deeply appreciated!
- A clip of Brian Swimme from his film “The Universe Story”
- Key teachings on interbeing and spiritual ecology from Thich Nhat Hanh
- Article on Gaia Theory from Daniel Christian Wahl
- Podcast on animism from Josh Schrei
- A recording of John Seed singing I am a Child of the Universe
- Just for fun, have a look at this Log Scale Graphic of the Observable Universe!
2 responses to “Meditation: Remembering Cosmogenesis, “Our Life as Gaia””
[…] Meditation: Remembering Cosmogenesis, “Our Life as Gaia” […]
[…] Meditation: Remembering Cosmogenesis, “Our Life as Gaia” online course content Previous: Essay: The Ecological Self by John Seed Next: Meditation: Remembering Cosmogenesis, “Our Life as Gaia” […]